The Falcon Hotel is a Grade II listed Tudor building built on earlier foundations which has been the subject of many alterations over its long life. On the ground floor are the reception, lounges, restaurant and public toilets. There are 10 bedrooms on the first and second floors accessible via stairs. Also on the first floor are the ancient Oak Room and the 18th century Ballroom with their own toilet facilities. Outside there is a garden, patio and car park. In addition there is the Falcon Mews, which is a medieval style function and conference suite that has full wheelchair accessibility from Pump Street.
Because of the basic structure and complex levels of the main Hotel and legal restrictions on development, wheelchair access is limited to the ground floor. However, the Mews has full wheelchair access.
- Fax and email are available at reception
- Internet Wi-Fi access available in the Hotel
- Hard wired internet access available in the Mews
- Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Car parking for 20 or more cars available to the rear of the hotel through limited height archway. There are 7 steps from the tarmac car park across uneven paved patio to the back door or an 80m walk on tarmac and public footpaths to the front door. Level access from Broad Street pavement to Reception through wide front door.
Main Entrance & Reception
- Level entrance from Broad Street to reception
- Uneven patio paving and many steps to rear entrance
- On street 1 hour parking on Broad Street, off street parking at rear of Hotel
- Access assistance provided when required
Public Areas – General (Internal)
- There are no lifts in the Hotel
- One small step into the restaurant (8cm high)and lounge (10cm high) from reception
- 16 steps to first floor
Public Areas – WC
- 4 steps down from reception to main toilets
- 1 small step (10cm high) up and (13 cm high) down to wheelchair accessible toilet in the lounge
- First floor toilets are small but on a level with the Oak Room
- Wheelchair access toilet in the Mews
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Lounges
- 1 small step (8cm high) up into restaurant, subdued lighting
- 1 small step (10cm high) up into lounge and another (13cm high) down to the bar, subdued lighting
- Falcon Mews wheelchair accessible
- Laundry service provided by the Hotel staff.
- Ballroom on first floor, separate access from Broad Street up 4 wide steps well spaced. Lightweight wheelchair access with assistance. Toilet access via more difficult steps.
- Falcon Mews separate access from Pump Street footpath is fully wheelchair accessible.
- Stepped patio outside back door has uneven natural stone paving
- Level garden up 4 wide steps from car park
- Flood lighting to patio and car park
- Mobility assistance provided by staff if required
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Entertainment
- Oak Room and Ballroom are on the first floor
- Level toilet access from Oak Room
- Falcon Mews ground floor facilities wheelchair accessible.
- Subdued lighting in Oak Room, variable lighting in Ballroom and Mews.
- All bedrooms are en suite with toilet and bath and/or shower
- None are suitable or equipped for wheelchair access
- Standard telephones, televisions and fire alarm sounders
Caravans, Holiday Homes & Twin Units
Touring Facilities (Holiday Parks)
Boats – Narrow Boat, Cruiser & Hotel Boat
Attractions (Displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
Grounds and Gardens
- Small level garden accessible up 3 wide steps from the car park
- In the event of an emergency, on duty staff will ensure the safe evacuation of all residents and customers
- 24 hour cover by staff and owners
Address: The Falcon Hotel, Broad Street, Bromyard, HR7 4BT
Telephone: 01885 483034
Fax: 01885 488818
Hours of operation: 0700hrs to 2300hrs
- No current major refurbishment plans.
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01885 483034 or email firstname.lastname@example.org